Soundproof accordion-type side folding panels suspend from a single overhead track to form a temporary wall in any type of opening.
- Sound Blocking Insulation: For maximized sound control, the Soundproof Accordion Door’s double panel construction is lined with continuous blankets of sound absorbing material. This system has been independently tested to provide a STC rating of 45 per ASTM E90
- Concealed Storage: Designed to stack at a fraction of their extended width, the accordion panels can retract out of sight into a recessed side wall pocket
- Smooth Glide Operation: Panels are track-supported by a smooth glide nylon wheel and ball bearing roller assembly
- Durable Design: Panels are coated with a scratch resistant, permanently bonded vinyl finish that offers a high level of impact resistance
Modular Construction: Allows for simple, in-place, cost effective installation and service
- Available Sizes: 3’6” to 22’ H to a maximum of 1600 ft2
- Stack Area: 2” per foot of width + 7” (for units over 14’ H, minimum stack is 43”)
- Hang Weight: 4.5 lbs per ft2, extended
- Track: Soundproof Accordion Door panels are supported by a heavy duty extruded aluminum track. Multiple mounting styles are offered for varying header construction based on available ceiling and clearance space
- Panels: The continuous length, 4 1/2” wide dual wall panels are coated with a scratch resistant vinyl clad 24 gauge steel, corrugated and reinforced with double rolled end beads for strength and resilience
- Sound Blocker Lining: Both interior panel surfaces are fitted with continuous blankets of sound-absorbing material securely attached to ensure lasting, effective retention of the sound liner
- Hinges: Full height extruded vinyl hinges are rugged for lasting performance and allow for simple panel replacement with units mounted in place. These hinges can be color matched to wall panels
- Lead Post: A heavy duty extruded aluminum post fitted with grip-type handles provides operational support and hook-bolt connection that will close the panels securely. If you require additional security, keyed locking is an available option
Options: colors and Finishes
A principal from an elementary school in New Hampshire wanted to be able to divide a large classroom in half to be able to support both a Kindergarten and 1st Grade class. The principal contacted Soundproofing Accordion Doors, a division of All Noise Control.
The school approached us with what they wanted to do and a list of requirements and specs. They wanted something that was moveable when needed, sturdy, and soundproof between two different classrooms.
Our team recommended an Accordion Door with an STC of 45. We explained that STC stood for “Sound Transmission Control” and that the higher the STC, the better the product would be at absorbing and/or blocking sound. We configured that an STC of 45 would be the best solution for a classroom divider that would consist of a good amount of “chatter”, kids yelling and screaming, and teachers trying to conduct daily educational lessons.
Upon the installation, the principal was extremely satisfied with the ability to separate the large classroom and also the ability for each class to be able to hold their own daily educational activities with a small amount of sound between the two sides.