- A. True pantograph frames are constructed from 3/16″  diameter steel rod welded to 14-gauge , reinforced steel hinge plates for a smooth, even opening and closing action.
- B. Wheel carriers are heat-treated steel trolleys with nylon covered, ball-bearing wheels for quiet, vibration free operation.
- C. Chrome finished steel handles provide a sure grip and positive closing action for ease of door movement.
- D. A strong 1/8″  thick steel finger latch grabs the receiver and locks the door into the closed position.
- E. Anchor posts of 14-guage , roll formed steel ensure longitudinal rigidity and proper door alignment.
- F. Seam-free covers have a smooth and seamless appearance. The unique internal mounting design allows the covers to be attached without unsightly horizontal seams or external buttons. Soundproof Accordion Doors, a division of All Noise Control, offers a wide range of colors and textures in standard 21-ounce vinyl or optional acoustical carpet.
- G. The layered design combines two to ten layers of dissimilar materials to achieve the desired acoustical rating. H. Sweep strips mounted on both sides of the doors provide a light and sound barrier at the ceiling and floor.
Color and Finish Selection
A medical clinic in Edmonton, Alberta was having issues with secluding the doctors’ private offices with the rest of the clinic, they turned to Soundproofing Accordion Doors, a division of All Noise Control.
They approached us with a list of requirements that our team was effectively able to analyze and respond to. The doctors requested a solution that would be moveable, sturdy, and sound blocking for private conversations with patients.
Our team recommended an Accordion Door with an STC of 38. We explained that STC stood for “Sound Transmission Control” and that the higher the STC, the better the product would be at absorbing and/or blocking sound. Our team configured that an STC of 38 would be appropriate for a medical clinic setting that consisted of a decent amount of “chatter”, phones ringing, copy machines and other relative sound.
Upon the installation of three Accordion Doors with an STC of 38, the doctors were extremely satisfied with how immediately the sound between their private rooms and the rest of the clinic was reduced.