- A. True pantograph frames are constructed from 3/16″  diameter steel rod welded to 14-gauge , reinforced steel hinge plates for a smooth, even opening and closing action.
- B. Wheel carriers are heat-treated steel trolleys with nylon covered, ball-bearing wheels for quiet, vibration free operation.
- C. Chrome finished steel handles provide a sure grip and positive closing action for ease of door movement.
- D. A strong 1/8″  thick steel finger latch grabs the receiver and locks the door into the closed position.
- E. Anchor posts of 14-guage , roll formed steel ensure longitudinal rigidity and proper door alignment.
- F. Seam-free covers have a smooth and seamless appearance. The unique internal mounting design allows the covers to be attached without unsightly horizontal seams or external buttons. Soundproof Accordion Doors, a division of All Noise Control, offers a wide range of colors and textures in standard 21-ounce vinyl or optional acoustical carpet.
- G. The layered design combines two to ten layers of dissimilar materials to achieve the desired acoustical rating. H. Sweep strips mounted on both sides of the doors provide a light and sound barrier at the ceiling and floor.
Color and Finish Selection
A restaurant and bar in Madison, WI was having issues with separating the bar and restaurant area for private parties, they turned to Soundproofing Accordion Doors, a division of All Noise Control.
They approached us with a set list of specs and questions that our team was able to analyze and respond to. The owner wanted something modern and professional; something that would add to the aesthetic of the restaurant and bar.
Our team recommended an Accordion Door with an STC of 35. The team explained that STC stood for “Sound Transmission Control” and that the higher the STC, the better the product would be at absorbing and/or blocking sound. We configured that an STC of 35 would be appropriate for a restaurant and bar setting when trying to close off the area for private parties that consists of a good amount of “chatter”, dishes clanking, and other audible sounds.
Upon the installation, the owner was extremely satisfied with the ability to close off the section for private parties and the immediate reduction of sound in between the rooms.