HOW TO SOUNDPROOF A MUSIC STUDIO IN ORDER TO HAVE MULTIPLE CLASSES TAKE PLACE SIMULTANEOUSLY
The Little School of Music in Valencia, CA was having trouble holding more than one class at a time in the music studio. The Little School of Music offers a variety of music lessons and classes for all ages. It was recently voted, “Best Music School,” in Santa Clarita. Due to the fact that the studio was one large room, it was impossible to have more than one class at a time. The Little School of Music enlisted the help of All Noise Control to solve this issue. All Noise Control came to the conclusion that the room must be divided for more than one class to occur simultaneously.
An Accordion Door was the perfect solution for the type of sound blocking the studio needed. An accordion door is a type of door which opens by folding back in sections. They are usually found indoors. These accordion doors will partition the large main room of the studio. Because the doors are retractable, partitioning the room is only temporary. Once the classes are over, the doors renounce and the two rooms become one again.
ANC-40 Accordion Door
- A. True pantograph frames are constructed from 3/16″  diameter steel rod welded to 14-gauge , reinforced steel hinge plates for a smooth, even opening and closing action.
- B. Wheel carriers are heat-treated steel trolleys with nylon covered, ball-bearing wheels for quiet, and vibration free operation.
- C. Chrome finished steel handles provide a sure grip and positive closing action for ease of door movement.
- D. A strong 1/8″  thick steel finger latch grabs the receiver and locks the door into the closed position.
- E. Anchor posts of 14-guage , roll formed steel ensure longitudinal rigidity and proper door alignment.
- F. Seam-free covers have a smooth and seamless appearance. The unique internal mounting design allows the covers to be attached without unsightly horizontal seams or external buttons. Soundproof Accordion Doors, a division of All Noise Control, offers a wide range of colors and textures in standard 21-ounce vinyl or optional acoustical carpet.
- G. The layered design combines two to ten layers of dissimilar materials to achieve the desired acoustical rating. H. Sweep strips mounted on both sides of the doors provide a light and sound barrier at the ceiling and floor.
The Little House of Music was extremely pleased with the outcome. They can now have more than one music class take place at once while leaving the space aesthetically pleasing. This cost effective and efficient product solved all of the studio’s noise control problems.